One of the great things about starting The Red Door Community Church is developing deep relationships with others, becoming one as we forge together to do what seems impossible. We’ve been strengthened by each person who encourages us with their belief in what is to come as one after the other commits to stand with us. It’s part of our story.
In a mysterious way, we are a very small piece of the story of those who’ve planted churches the last two thousand years. The story is based on people who believe that together they represent a place called hope in amongst the largest and smallest of communities, changing the landscape of history through the love and grace of God.
I have thought what it will be like when one day, the generations of church planters have all crossed to the other side and share their stories. I know there will be challenging truths to be heard. I’ve seen and experienced hardship in the church as a member and a leader, so, I know there will be:
- Lists of impossibilities, piled one on top of the other, weighed down by human rationale.
- Accounts of urgent needs, that no one could take care of.
- Testimonies of misunderstandings, wrongs, and even oppression.
- A record of imperfection, brokenness, secrets, hurt, and harm.
BUT. DESPITE IT ALL. I’m confident that the stories would reveal God’s work prevailed and that the Church from one generation to the next generation continued as people came together, opening the door wide open to the place called Hope. I’ve experienced life and grace through the church, so, I’m convinced that the stories outlining humanity’s downfall as The Church will be outweighed by :
- Endless lists of miracles overcoming the impossibilities.
- Infinite accounts written about the caring of a community of faith.
- Testimony after testimony of restoration and freedom.
- Stunning records of healing and transformation.
After all, hope never disappoints.
God, we ask that You provide the power and grace for The Red Door Community Church to be a place called hope.
We will be sending our February Information and Prayer Publication in the next couple of weeks. We are so grateful for you and hope you will sign up to receive our publication if you have not had the opportunity yet.