I used to say to my kids, “Attitude is everything.”
My statement often elicited a long, dramatic, loud sigh. I responded by giving them an “amazing” mom-sermon on the value of attitude. There were many times they did not appreciate my gift of preaching. Seriously. I could preach it.
Welcome to parenting 101: Demonstrating a great attitude is the most effective way to communicate that it’s a powerful component of living the best life.
The thing is . . . our attitude . . . underlines the message of our story. It’s the one thing we’re able to control at all times in the best and worst of circumstances. BUT. There are individuals who do not understand their attitude is their sole-responsibility, often correlating it to a specific person or circumstance rather than what’s residing within themselves.
The value of attitude is underlined in the letter to the early church:
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had (Philippians 2:5, NLT).
The two words, “you must,” make this statement a big-deal. So, what does it mean to have the same attitude of Christ?
Christ’s attitude is based on relentless love, never connected to what someone said or did. This kind of attitude is optimistic, confident, hopeful, enthusiastic and selfless. The very atmosphere changes with this attitude, producing energy within and around us. While developing a great attitude is a process, the grace of God will give us the ability to do what we can’t do on our own.
So. Today’s Advent Thought is a question: DO YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE OF CHRIST?
An attitude like Christ may be the very best gift we can give to everyone–Kerrie
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/01/party/ Party.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/03/surprise-2/. Surprise!
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/04/you-know-2/ Do you know? (This is long but worth thinking about.)
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/05/alliswell/. All Is Well.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/06/five-words-and-more/. Five Words . . . And More.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/07/the-problem-is/ The Problem Is . .
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/08/transparencyandtrust/ Transparency And Trust.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/09/red-letter-day/ Red-Letter-Day.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/10/best-advice-2/ Best Advice.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/11/lean-in/ Lean In.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/12/not-yet/ Not-yet.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/13/god-is-here/ God Is Here.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/14/daily-drill/ Daily Drill.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/15/belonging-sacred-quietness/ Belonging . . . Sacred Quietness.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/16/love-wins-always/ Love Wins . . . Always
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/17/and-so-it-begins-2/ And, So, It Begins . . .
My Advent Writing Place
Written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED