For me, Sunday is a
This day is noteworthy, a day set apart from the daily grind.
The thing is . . . everyone needs a
Red-Letter-Day . . .
to experience the best life.
a week is not enough to catch our breath and renew our soul.
After years of serving in ministry, I entered a season of
As I moved away from the pressures, demands, and expectations of leadership I leaned in, listened, and learned more. I began to be more and more aware of the power of God’s grace within and everywhere.
became a lesson of God’s grace.
I took more time than ever on the God-word about grace from the Apostle Paul’s letter to the Early Church:
“BUT he answered me, “My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.” So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me” (2 Corinthiahs 12:9, TPT).
One of my favorite God-words popped up at the beginning of the sentence,
And, as you know, I love the big
in God’s message
because it reveals God’s more.
So. Paul inserts a big
in what seems to be the middle of his narrative of challenges. I had new clarity:
Grace is the power to do the things we can’t do on our own.
Grace is God’s more.
I encourage you to lean in, listen, and learn more about grace in
Grace is the ADVENT WORD on this
GRACE to you dear friend–Kerrie
If, you have access to the Salem, Oregon area we hope you will stop by between noon and four at our open house on December 16. For details see https://tablethink.com. I will keep you updated on my public Facebook page @https://www.facebook.com/kerriecarlislepalmer/
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/01/party/ Party.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/03/surprise-2/. Surprise!
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/04/you-know-2/ Do you know? (This is long but worth thinking about.)
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/05/alliswell/. All Is Well.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/06/five-words-and-more/. Five Words . . . And More.
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/07/the-problem-is/ The Problem Is . .
- https://kerrielpalmer.com/2018/12/08/transparencyandtrust/ Transparency And Trust.
My Advent Writing Place
Written by Kerrie Carlisle Palmer © 2018 ALL RIGHTS RESERVED